My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Cross-Eyed

It apparently snowed a bit this morning which is pretty cool, though it doesn't look like much out there. I heard that they got 150% more snow already than last year, which makes me feel better, knowing that all this snow is just a fluke and not regular. I don't know why it is comforting, but chaos is. 

I had a guitar lesson today. Which is pretty sweet. I played guitar just a bit before I started to forget stuff, you know just chords and that kind of stuff. But I have always been really good at sight reading so that's basically what I do in lesson. Sight read cool jazz music and discuss why seventh-flat-five's and minor-flat-sixths and so wonky and why they exist, when it would have been a perfectly lovely world (at least for my fingers!) without them. Its a lot of fun and I now have really killer calluses on my left hand fingers, which hurt a little every time I type. A small sacrifice for the sweet music knowledge, I suppose.

My grandma Thelma - now isn't that a way cool name? - is here to visit from Ontario. It's nice to see some new faces! Grandma makes really REALLY good baked yummies, and knits and sews fantastically. But she also swims like a tank. Seriously. She's swum the equivalent of the English Channel, in a year!! And on the world map in her kitchen, there are a bunch on synchronized swimming badges. In the kitchen too, there used to be a drawer, right under the glasses cupboard, with a whole bunch of toys. A blue plastic phone, glitter crayons (a fav!!), a coloring book, and a Monchichi puzzle. For those who are not familiar with a Monchichi doll, I believe they are the missing link. They have fuzzy hair in like a main around there face, and ears like a bear, a freckles, fur all over their bodies, and a tail. They're 'unique' 


All of my cousins know that puzzle, and have called imaginary people with the blue phone, and doodles with the glitter crayons, which coat your fingers in wax and glitter that smells funny. These are some good times. 

When I woke up today, I couldn't. I felt like I was trying to open my eyes under some extremely heavy water. I feel like I'm super drugged and so tired I'm going cross-eyed, but I guess I am really, so that metaphor was totally useless.  I still haven't 'woken' up all day and its already night time. I'll have to wait until tomorrow I guess. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have brought recognition to the long-lost Monchichi. Did you give Gramma heck for giving away our puzzle? Did I tell you that? The last time I was at Gramma and Grampa's I went into the drawer(as any totally mature and sane 22 year old would) and the puzzle was nowhere to be found! Donated to make room for cookbooks. Don't forget to give Gramma heck about that... :P I love you little girl. And I miss you. xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Monchichi! Evan used to have one and he bit all the fur off the top of its head... so he looked like a Monchichi with male pattern baldness! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete